This indulgent mocha frappe is the perfect coffee infused beverage to have whenever you need a little pick me up. In fact, it’s quite likely that this will instantly put a smile on your face as long as you don’t hate happiness or joy. I feel as though everything is perfectly balanced, yet you can alter the recipe to fit your specific tastes. For example, you could substitute the chocolate sauce with caramel sauce. Another option would be adding a different flavored ice cream to the batch. Perhaps you even love coffee as much as I do and want to add coffee ice cream, good on you!
That’s what I really love about this recipe; you can customize it to the strength, flavor, and sweetness you desire. The addition of ice cream in particular gives this recipe such a nice creamy flavor to complement everything else. I know I’ve had a few mocha frappe drinks before that tasted far too watered down or had the coffee overpower the other flavors.
In the event you want to make this a little healthier, I suggest the following options. You can completely forego the ice cream but it may be a little runnier. Make sure to add a couple more coffee ice cubes to prevent that from happening. Try using a low fat milk and a low calorie chocolate sauce. Obviously if you’re sensitive to caffeine in general, try using a decaf roast to minimize the effects.
- 1 Cups of double-strength coffee
- 1¾ Cups of milk
- ¼ Cup of vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp of chocolate sauce
- Optional: whipped cream topping
- Brew 4 cups of double-strength coffee and let it cool until room temperature.
- Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and place in your freezer until frozen.
- Combine all of the ingredients into your blender.
- Use the "ice crush" mode on your blender to mix everything together.
- Top your drink with whipped cream and more chocolate sauce if you're in the mood to kick it up a few more notches.
- The easiest step: Enjoy and maybe share with someone else.