It seems there are a lot of people looking to eat healthier alternatives for meals. This whole wheat pancake recipe is the perfect choice for a healthy breakfast. When you start to prepare this recipe, make sure your skillet isn’t too hot. Otherwise the inside will be doughy instead of fluffy. You also may have to scrape the sides of your blender jar during the mixing process to make sure everything gets incorporated completely.
This recipe contains 100% whole wheat flour and other natural ingredients. Maple syrup is the typical topping to have but it also tastes delicious with just some fresh fruit on top. You could even add the fruit directly into the batter. I’d say you need about 1/2 cup of fruit or so and when mixing it’s important that you only use the “pulse” button. Otherwise you run the risk of turning the fruit into juice and altering the flavor of the batter.
I sometimes use the batter to make waffles as well. If you already have a waffle iron it doesn’t take any extra alterations. Overall it’s another simple way to get more healthy food into your diet and you’ll know exactly what ingredients are in your food. Not to mention homemade food tastes so much better than things you buy at the store. Let us know in the comments what you love adding to your pancake batter!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of white sugar
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into your blender jar and mix on high for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and olive oil together.
- Add the liquid mixture into your blender jar.
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until fully incorporated.
- Grease your skillet with a non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter onto your skillet, about the size of a small dinner plate.
- Let sit until you see bubbles forming in the batter, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.