These apple spice muffins disappear randomly whenever I have people over to visit. They also disappear whenever I’m around though so I guess I can’t entirely blame it on other people. Biting into these is like biting into apple utopia for me. They have a really good apple + cinnamon flavor combination.
As far as alternatives go, you can try various types of apples. I usually prefer to use Granny Smith for a bit of tartness but you might like others. Remember to core and slice them before adding them to your blender. You can also try swapping another fruit in place of the apples. How about peaches or even raisins? The choice is up to you, think of the recipe as a base.
Cooking is a hobby I love to do and wish more people would do. It’s great to make something and share it with your friends and family. These in particular seem to be loved by everyone around here. Remember you can alter anything here to fit your tastes, that’s part of the fun of cooking. Make sure to mention in the comments what ingredients you prefer or any tips for other readers!
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 apples cored and sliced
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of allspice
- 2 cups of white flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add everything into your blender except for one apple.
- Blend everything together for about 4-5 minutes or until completely mixed.
- Add the final apple slices and pulse about 10-15 times.
- Baking time varies based on the size of muffin pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.