I really like when soups are a bit substantial and full of flavor. This savory chicken soup recipe includes plenty of nutrients that will help you feel full without a lot of calories. It’s a great side dish or perfect to eat by itself for lunch. It also doesn’t take much time to prepare and stores pretty well in the refrigerator, in the event you don’t manage to finish it all. I’d like to note that this is one of my favorite things to eat whenever I’m feeling a bit under the weather.
If you have the option, try to use homemade chicken stock as it will take the flavors to another level. Another thing I like to add sometimes is some “acini di pepe” or ball noodles as some people call them. Of course shredded chicken goes perfectly if you’re looking to add a little more protein to the dish. I wrote that crushed up Doritos (spicy chili is my favorite) go well but you can use regular tortilla chips if you aren’t a fan of those.
Overall it’s a relatively quick and simple thing to make. Whether it’s to go along with your meal or by itself, it seems most people enjoy it regardless of the food pairing. Let us know in the comments what you like to add to yours! I know a few people that request the black beans be removed, it all comes down to personal tastes and what you like. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup of black beans
- ⅓ cup of corn
- ¼ cup of onion
- 6 Doritos or tortilla chips
- Put all of the ingredients into your blender jar except for the corn, black beans, and Doritos/tortilla chips.
- Turn your blender on low and gradually increase the speed to high.
- Blend for around 6½ minutes.
- Turn off the blender and add the black beans.
- Blender on a low-medium setting for an additional minute.
- Add the corn and Doritos/tortilla chips and pulse for 15 seconds.